Friday 2 December 2011

Deli Review : Freshly Baked by Le Bijoux, Singapore

Having crossed this small and easy-to-miss bakery / cafe at the end of Killiney Road numerous times, decided to step in one day to sample their fare. The setting is simple in keeping with their effort to be a French style kopitiam outlet. They offer set menus for breakfast (the place is always full at the time) and a host of freshly baked cakes, pastries and breads. I went for the butter cake, chocolate muffin and a cappucino to wash it all down with.

The butter cake was a cracker. The softest I've ever tasted with just the right amount of sugar and sponginess. Fantastic ! Chocolate muffin was delicious too but I'll give more marks to the butter cake. Will be back for more of those !

Now to the coffee. Having been a coffee lover all my life, I do take my beans very seriously. On this count, Le Bijoux was a big let down. Would have thought a French cafe would offer the best cocoa experience but that was not to be. Nothing to write home about. I'll still go back to San Francisco coffee, Black's and Segafredo in that order.

Did I mention the pricing ? Very reasonable with the muffin going for SGD 2.50. No ++ attached to the prices you see at the counter. Service is friendly and efficient. If you are in the area, would highly recommend you stop by for a quick bite at this quaint deli.

No comments:

Post a Comment